Thursday, April 8, 2010

Showshoeing

Yup, I've been slacking on the blog. Here are some pictures from our snowshoeing adventure a few weekends ago. We went to Paradise at Mt. Rainier and got a great workout climbing up to Panorama Point. I forgot sunscreen and ended up with a pretty bad burn too. I thought my nose was going to peel off my face completely. I hope I don't get skin cancer :(

This shows how deep the snow is...goes all the way up to the handle of the pole!!


My favorite part of snowshoeing...eating snow :)


Phil in front of the mountain that taunts him, "Climb me, Phil, climb me!"


Quite steep...


Thinking to myself "how the heck am I going to get back down?"


Right after Phil told me "you can do it babe, almost there!"


Bundled up at the top...well at Panorama Point.


The mountaineer with Mt. St. Helens in the background.


Oooh, it's so sparkly up here!


Mt. Adams


Mt. St. Helens


Sun bathing/napping


Cheese!


Some people ski back down, most people slide...I scooch :)


That's a lot of snow

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!! What an adventure, Kate!!! I'm so proud and excited for you and Phil - you guys are always doing such fun and challenging things. :o) There's lots of good snowshoeing near Vancouver too - maybe we could do that together this winter!? :o) Love you!

    ReplyDelete