Friday, March 19, 2010

Poop-head of the Week

I think this segment needs a jingle. Maybe I'll think of one for next week.

So this week's "Poop-head of the Week" award goes to...drumroll please..........the "Customer Service" lady at a furniture store in Puyallup (which shall remain unnamed because I don't want to get sued or anything, and with my luck, I would be).

So in late December I made the jaunt from Everett to Puyallup to buy some bunching tables I had eyed a few months earlier. Bought them, brought them home, and built 1 of 2 with no problems. Now I really only wanted one because we have a sectional and one was the perfect size. But I had to buy the set so I figured I'd build the other one and Phil could use it for his nightstand (since he's currently using a really attractive metal...thing). So I started building the second one, and that's where the trouble started. I was missing 2 screws AND the pre-drilled hole in one of the legs had been drilled crooked. So I called the furniture store the next day and put in the order for the screws and a new table leg. This particular table had two different angles of legs...qty 2 of leg 1 and qty 2 of leg 2. Of course I failed to write down which leg, leg 1 or leg 2, I needed. But the lady was real accommodating and said she'd just send one of each. Sweet!

So, about FIVE OR SIX WEEKS later, my replacements parts have arrived. Phil and I sit down to put this table together...you know, the one that has been sitting in a pile off to one side in the bedroom for FIVE OR SIX WEEKS. And something just isn't right. Things aren't lining up. It looks...weird. A closer look reveals that the furniture store-who-must-not-be-named has sent qty 2 leg 2s. And we're thinking "Great, because what we were missing was a leg 2!" But this is weird...both of these leg 2s they have sent are the same angle as our leg 1s. Yeah, they sent qty 2 of the wrong leg. So I call them again and explain. Except the "customer service" lady only works Wednesday through Saturday, so I have to leave a message. And she doesn't call me back the next week, so I call her again, on Wednesday. I explain what happened and she kind of giggles and says she'll have 1 of each sent this time. And I'm like, okay, but can you just take the parts from another set you have there in the warehouse because I don't want to wait FIVE OR SIX WEEKS this time. And she's like, sure, I'll see if we have one. Hooookay.

About TWO WEEKS later, haven't heard from her, nothing in the mail. Call and leave a message, which again, she doesn't return. So yesterday I called her. She's not there, even though its Thursday, so I leave a message. Kind of a pissed off message. And she calls me today and leaves a message, "I had those sent to you over a week ago so I'm surprised you haven't seen them yet! I'll send two more today!" Suuuuuuuuuuure. Those table legs are about as likely to have been lost in the mail as my old tenant's rent check...and don't even get me started on that poop-head.

Well I'm gonna head down to Puyallup this weekend and I might just have to pay this furniture store a visit. And if I get back up here and there are 4 table legs sitting on my front porch...well, she's still a poop-head because I bought it in late December and its now mid-March and that is NOT customer service. Humphhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment