Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is it June 9th yet?

Wow have I been slacking on keeping this thing up to date. I have more tulip pictures to add and pictures from my visit in Colorado. I will get those up eventually.

In the meantime, just a couple quick updates...

First and foremost, I am now a certified PHR (Professional in Human Resources). 30 hours of class in the last 10 weeks and probably another 30 hours spent studying the material (over 1,000 pages of material). I finished the 225 question test in 3.5 hours last Friday morning (they give you 4 hours) and I PASSED! Now, hopefully, I will be better equipped to compete for HR jobs against people who have more experience than I do. And the MBA should help too (in just four weeks). Hey HR managers! Hire me!

We had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. On Friday we went to the Mariner's "game". Wasn't so much a game as it was a snoozefest. But we did have beer and garlic fries, so who can complain!! Saturday was spent studying (also a snoozefest). On Sunday we took my mom to Bite at Hotel Murano in Tacoma. They had a Mother's Day brunch buffet that was delicious! After that we looked at a few potential wedding venues. There was one we all really liked, so I'm looking forward to setting up an appointment with their event coordinator and getting some more information. We will definitely be checking out a few more before we make any commitments though. There are SO many venue options in Western Washington, I'm afraid looking at all the possibilities is just going to make the decision more difficult. I imagine that's how dress shopping will be too. Hopefully I will just fall so head over heels for one that I will have no desire to keep looking. Awww...kinda like how I stopped looking after I met Phil (I know, gag).

Speaking of weddings, Megan and RJ got engaged on Saturday! I am so thrilled for them! I just wish she lived closer so we could look at bridal magazines and watch Say Yes to the Dress together :) Oh and they got a new puppy. She is a papillon like Bradley. Her name is Bella and she is adorable!

Speaking of sisters, Melanie and Luke made it to North Carolina and are getting settled in their new house! Not sure when Phil and I will be able to take a trip out there and to see it but there is a good chance we will see them when we stop in Washington D.C. in July.

I think that is about it for now! And because I hate blog posts that have no pictures but I am too lazy to upload my own, I will leave you with this:




2 comments:

  1. Yay for an update! Congrats again on the PHR :) I bet you can't wait to be done with school..and I can't either, then you can come visit more! And I will be off work til July 7th..so we'll definitely have to hang out a couple times before I'm back to the grind and juggling a full time job and baby! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you crack me up :) I miss you! Hurry up and be done with school so we can hang out again! Congratulations on your newly acquired title of PHR! One thing to check off your list. What are some of the venues you're looking at? I think that you, Suzie, the babies, and I should all plan on getting together some time soon and we can talk about wedding stuff and just catch up in general.

    ReplyDelete