Monday, June 14, 2010

Out with the homework, in with the wedding planning

MBA? Done and done! Had my last class last Tuesday and attended the MBA grad banquet last Thursday and while I was supposed to "graduate" yesterday, I decided A) I'm too cheap to buy the cap and gown and B) I don't really feel like sitting through 3 hours of blah blah. I did go to the SPU book store and buy a black tassel though, just for proof that I finished. Although I guess the diploma will be proof enough, once I get it in the mail.

Phil finished his quarter last week as well so we have been thoroughly enjoying our time off together. My Dad was up Friday for work so we went to Thai for dinner. Zab Thai in Everett is one of our favorites, although let's be honest, I don't think I've ever been to a Thai place that I didn't love. (Pssst...there's a coupon on that website!)

On Saturday Phil and I headed down to the Tacoma/Gig Harbor area to check out a few potential wedding venues with my Mom. Found one that I'm seriously considering. It's a little pricey though, and the "rain option" isn't all that great. We'll see. After that Phil and I headed to the Supermall in Auburn. We like to shop at the Banana Republic and Nordstrom Rack there because they seem to be less picked over than the ones up north. Then we went to Kirkland for dinner and found a great restaurant called
Cactus. We both loved it and when I looked it up on the internet the next day I discovered we'd actually been to a Cactus before! There are 3 locations and we'd been to the one on Alki a couple years ago.

On Sunday, Mom and Dad headed up to our place and we took the ferry to Whidbey Island to check out their wedding venues.


We were pretty neutral about the venue we toured due to the risk of mosquitos, but we did happen upon a pretty tasty Chinese restaurant for lunch, called
China City. We had planned on taking the Keystone ferry to Port Townsend and checking out a venue in Port Gamble, but the ferry was hours behind schedule due to the wind. So instead, we took a quick peek at the huge battlements at Fort Casey. You can tell from the picture below how windy it was (because no, my bangs don't usually look like that and I was actually having a pretty good hair day)!




After that we turned the car around and headed back the way we came. We ended up having to wait to get on the ferry back to Mukilteo for about an hour. Those of you who know Phil and his tolerance for waiting in line can imagine what a pleasant experience that was ;)

All in all, a fabulous weekend! I am so excited to be finished with school, although my mind is a bit thrown off by the lack of homework. Meh, I'll get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment