Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

Hello. My name is Katie, and I'm an ice-aholic. I'm not sure exactly when it started. It may have been when my parents got a new fridge with an ice maker that produces crushed ice. It may have started when my coworker randomly brought a cup of ice back from the cafeteria (for her crystal light) and it just looked so...dang...good. Or maybe when my other coworker got me hooked on "two shots over ice in a tall cup" at Tully's. I guess it doesn't really matter how it started. Bottom line, I can't get enough of it. I don't think it's pica (iron deficiency), because getting more iron doesn't curb my craving for it. ...crunch crunch crunch...I'm sure my coworkers love me. Its just so refreshing. And bad for my teeth, of which I'm sure the dentist will inform me at my next visit. But I can always just get dentures right? Sigh...new year's resolution perhaps.

I started my new job in HR two Fridays ago and I LOVE it. So far anyway. Mostly I've been doing training, job-shadowing my peer mentor, and attending meetings to get spooled up on my customer. Until I really get into the daily operations of the job, I guess I shouldn't say I love it. But I do feel like its going to be a better fit for my personality and my strengths. Crossing my fingers.

I had to get a Blackberry for my new job and I got it set up today. I'm not a fan after using my iPhone for the last 4 months. Apple products really are idiot-proof. Blackberry...not so much. Had to ask my coworker how to type a period. Had to call the help desk to sync the darn thing. And I still can't figure out how to open encrypted email on it. Guess I'll be calling the help desk again tomorrow.

Went Christmas shopping yesterday. That sucked. Didn't find much, but at least the mall wasn't crowded. Did find a couple gifts for Phil (hardest man to shop for EVER because he buys whatever he wants/needs and forbids me to get him anything more than like, twenty bucks). Also found some pickle ornaments for my family. Random German tradition (or not?) you can read about
here. Suckiness of shopping was a mere memory after joining my mom, Megan, and RJ at Bahama Breeze for dinner. Good to see them during their layover in Seattle (en route to North Carolina to see Melanie and Luke).

Wedding planning...meh. Think we're booking the caterer on Friday, then I'll probably take a break until January. Well I might go shopping for my Chinese wedding dress while we're in NYC in a couple weeks. Next order of business in January is save-the-dates, or STD's as one of our friends recently referred to them. Teehee. Then we should probably get our honeymoon booked. Never too early to do that. THEN I'll worry about details (flowers, centerpieces, favors, clothing for the wedding party, booze, programs, accomodations.......)

Phil and I signed up for the full Rock 'n' Roll marathon in June. We just did the Seattle half marathon a few weeks ago (picture below). I'm trying to keep running a couple times a week through the holidays so it isn't as hard to start seriously training in January.

Do I look like I'm dying? Because I FELT like I was dying.

That's about all that's on my mind at the moment...I'm not a very complex person.

No comments:

Post a Comment