Thursday, January 27, 2011

Holidays 2010 and general life update

Hey peeps! I figured I better get a blog post in before January is over. I've really been neglecting this blog, even more than usual, in order to work on our wedding website and do other wedding planning activities.

We had a busy December and spent the holidays in North Carolina with my sis and bro-in-law and then New Jersey/New York with Phil's family. My parents joined us in New Jersey as well to check out the Northeast winter and get to know their future in-laws. Here are a few pictures from our vacation:









January has been fairly busy as well. Phil has two classes again this quarter and when he's not studying, he's interviewing Princeton applicants. He's also been helping me with some of the more logistical aspects of wedding planning, such as figuring out where to block hotel rooms. I've got our wedding website just about finished and I'll post a link here once its presentable. We're also researching honeymoon packages, which is turning out to be fairly simple since we want to take basically the same trip our friends took for their honeymoon last September. They gave us the name of the travel agent they used and I gotta say, travel agents are under-rated. The convenience is unbeatable!


Work is awesome, I love my job in HR. I'm learning so much every day and its just so much more interesting to me than supplier management. I am glad I have that background though because it helps set me apart from other HR folks. The group is already seeing me as the "analytical" one, which is weird for me. But its okay...I'm learning excel like the back of my hand and it feels good to contribute already.


Phil and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary this weekend. It's hard to believe its already been four years, yet at the same time it seems like its been forever (in a good way). I'm already looking at pictures from our first year together and thinking "holy smokes we look young." Time flies when you're having fun!


New York - February 2007


New York - December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment