Monday, March 21, 2011

1Q 2011

That's right....a quarterly blog update. At least until we start taking more pictures again. Even when Phil does get a break from school, we've just got out of the habit of taking pictures. It's been a busy few months! I won't rehash all of it because its too much, but here are some highlights:
  • Celebrated Mom's birthday at Stanley and Seafort's (lived 10 miles from it for the first 18 years of my life but I'd never been...its delicious!)
  • Celebrated our 4th anniversary at the Roosevelt hotel in downtown Seattle (yay Groupon!)
  • I went to Vancouver with Sally to visit Alysha and Colin -- learned how to play Settlers of Catan, ate some delicious food, and shopped of course! Phil stayed home to study :(
  • Had Phil's parents here for a visit -- took them to see the wedding venue and did miscellaneous other wedding related errands, went to dinner with my parents at Stanley and Seafort's (it made an impression on us!), Sunday brunch at Ivar's
  • Celebrated baby Hudson's first birthday with Suzie and family...I can NOT believe it's been a year already. And baby Hayden turns one on Wednesday!
  • Phil finished another quarter of school...about a year and a quarter left I think! Well...and then maybe another degree...
In addition to these activities, Phil and I have been training for the Rock N' Roll marathon which is on my Dad's birthday, June 25th. My parents caught the exercise bug and signed up to walk the half, so we're all having a lot of fun with it. Well, I don't know if "fun" is the right word...but we all feel really good about ourselves ;)

And then there's lots of wedding planning going on, but quite frankly, doing it is exhausting enough...I'm not about to dedicate a blog post to it also.

And because I'm paranoid and old fashioned and whatever you want to call me, I've had zipped lips about some exciting news...I'm going to be an Aunt in September! Melanie is 14 weeks preggers and things are going great so far. As most of you know, Mel and Luke have had a difficult time in this department in the past, so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!


That's all for now. Here's one of very few recent pictures of us. Thank you Stella (Suzie's mom) for getting this one at Hudson's birthday party this last weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment